Friday 8 April 2011

The process of designing Mashup




Chinese Opera is a kind of traditional Chinese art and Chinese masks have its special artistic value. Red is the predominant color in my design. As a Chinese, I am proud of my nation’s civilization, so I decide to make a Mashup of Chinese Opera masks.
Red is power and passionate. Also, In China, red color has special meaning, which denotes happiness and prosperity, widely being used for attracting good luck. As images posted above, “red” presents a beautiful tone of Chinese Culture. During some essential celebrations, senior people normally send red paper containing money which is called “lucky money” as gifts to junior relatives. In ancient times, traditional brides need to dress up red clothing and sit in a red sedan chair to go for marry. For my Mashup, I try to convey audience “Chinese tue” basing on red color.

The structure of my Mashup is not that creative. I am aiming to ensure that my mashup be functioning well and be easily used by audience within in my limited knowledge. On the hand other, the mashup is desired to a bridge to convey Chinese culture to people over the world. 

Reference:


Melbourne, Vic. : Oxford University Press, 2008. Kelvin Grove / 686.2252 34Downman, Scott. Edit: a guide to layout, design & publication. South


Graham, Lisa. Basics of design: layout and typography for beginners. Clifton Park, N.Y. : Thomson/Delmar Learning, c2005. Kelvin Grove/ 686.2252 31 /2


                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment